You Can Book Our Tours Or Customise Them. We Can Help You Create A Bespoke Itinerary, To Suit Your Tastes And Preferences.
If you wish to book a discovery tour holiday in Sardinia, please get in touch with us at NxtStop Sardinia
Travel to Sardinia – Arrive in Cagliari
- Upon arrival at Cagliari airport (after collecting a rental car) drive to Cagliari, the capital of Sardinia where you will spend the first day of the tour. Read More
- Accommodation in Cagliari.
Cagliari – Castello Acqua Fredda – S’Ortu Mannu – Iglesias
- Enjoy breakfast and then check out. You will then travel to the historic city of Iglesias, in the South-Western corner of Sardinia. Before arriving at Iglesias you will visit the castle of Acquafredda. Read More
During this tour, your guide will take you on a journey through Sardinia's Middle Ages.
The castle is located in Siliqua on a hill of volcanic origin. The construction is due to the famous Pisan nobleman Ugolino Della Gherardesca a controversial medieval political figure quoted by Dante Alighieri in the Divine Comedy. Just the central keep and a few parts of the wall remain however, the view is spectacular after a slightly steep climb, as the castle still rises to a height of 256 metres.
- After visiting the Castle, if you are curious, you can visit S’Ortu Mannu in Villamassargia. A natural oasis museum of 700 centuries-old olive trees, it includes Sa Reina (the Queen), a natural monument of some 900 years old and of impressive size (with a trunk with a circumference of 16 meters), perhaps the largest olive tree in the Mediterranean.
- Arrival at Iglesias, check-in, and free time.
Bike Tour in Sant’Antioco With Enogatronomic Experience
- After breakfast, you'll head to Sant'Antioco where you'll explore the island by bicycle via Calasetta (the second largest town) and the west coast at the island's most beautiful bays. Read More
The tour has a fair degree of difficulty and follows unpaved roads, paths, and asphalt roads, but you will be able to visit the archaeological area at Grutt' Acquas, with its perennial pond and its characteristic green colour, the Tomb of the Giants (sites composed of Nuragic-era communal tombs that got their names, according to tradition, after huge bones were found inside them) and the Nuraghe (the main type of ancient megalithic edifice found in Sardinia, developed during the Nuragic Age between 1900 and 730 BCE and now the symbol of Sardinia).
The tour continues towards Capo Sperone with a possible ascent to the Ex Semaforo (The traffic light for boats. This is placed on top of the hill called Su Monti de Su Samafuru in Sardinian, from where it is possible to see the whole coastline).
On the way back you will pass by the beach of Turri, with the beautiful Spanish tower, the beach of Coecuaddus, and Maladroxia through the beautiful path of the Cats. During the tour, it is possible to stop at the island's main vineyards and wineries and have lunch at the farmhouse 'Agriturismo La Piana Di Canai' (extra cost).
Rental bicycles, helmets, and accessories on request.
- Accommodation in Iglesias.
Iglesias – Masua - Mines in the Blue Hike – Porto Flavia – Iglesias
- After breakfast, you will travel to Masua where you will meet the guide that will accompany you during the hike. Read More
- After the hike, you can visit Porto Flavia mine in Masua. Read More
- Accommodation in Iglesias.
- On day 5 you will feel the emotions of kitesurfing (one of the fastest growing sports today). Read More
- Accommodation in Iglesias.
Check Out and Departure
Self-drive - Active Tour
Please read carefully the full terms and conditions on this website
1st Day Arrival day – Cagliari airport to Cagliari city (by car: a total of 8.2km – 15 min. without traffic – via E25)
2nd Day Cagliari - Castello Acquafredda - S’Ortu Mannu – Iglesias (by car: total of 63.4 km - 1hr 3min without traffic – via SP2)
3rd Day Iglesias – Sant’Antioco - Iglesias (by car total of 80 km – 1hr 18min without traffic – via SP2 and SS126)
4th Day Iglesias – Masua – Porto Flavia – Iglesias (by car total of 46.6 km – 1hr 10min without traffic – via SS126 and SP83)
5th Day Iglesias ––Punta Trettu* - Iglesias (by car total of 66 km – 1hr without traffic – via SP2)
*Please note that this location may change from Punta Trettu to Cagliari.
6th Day Departure day – Iglesias to Cagliari airport (by car total of 51 km – 40 min without traffic – via SS130)
Price on request - Individual participation fee in double room (minimum 2 pax).
The price includes:
1 night accommodation in Cagliari in a 3* Hotel
4 nights accommodation in B&B in Iglesias or Gonnesa
Board Basis: Bed & breakfast
itineraries and route notes
Guide for scheduled excursions (non-exclusive excursions):
Walking tour of Cagliari
AcquaFredda castle tour
Bike tour Sant‘Antioco
Not included in the price:
Meals not stated in the itinerary
Personal travel insurance
Entrance fees to museums and other attractions not stated in the itinerary
Personal expenses (tips, souvenirs, restaurants/bar bills, etc...)
Rental bike and accessories
Tourist taxes, where applicable, to be settled directly on site upon arrival at the hotel
Deposit on confirmation: 20% of the total cost
Balance: within 30 days of departure day
Method of payment: Bank transfer
For cancellation from 28 to 21 days before the departure date, you will lose your deposit.
For cancellations from 20 to 15 days before the departure date, the penalty is 70% of the total price.
For cancellations from 14 to 10 days before the departure date, the penalty is 80% of the total price.
For cancellations from 9 days before the departure date or made on the same day as the departure date or in case of no-show, the penalty is 100% of the total price.
Special requests should be made in writing at the time of booking. Your request will be forwarded to the suppliers however we cannot promise that it will be fulfilled.
Flight time: Approx. 2 hrs 30 mins
Time zone: GMT+1
UK Citizens do not require a visa to enter Italy however must have a valid passport. For the most up-to-date passport and visa information visit https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/italy/entry-requirements
We are unable to accept responsibility if you are unable to travel because you have not complied with any passport/entry/immigration requirements.
You will be expected to maintain social distancing while doing the activities
Please carry hand sanitizer and face masks
Wear in any indoor location or crowded areas.
For the latest updates on COVID-19, please visit